At RSW, we are committed to search for the best in-class agencies for marketers to evaluate at no cost to the marketer. We are also committed to offering tips on enhancing current agency/client relationships.
These five pitfalls are common and avoidable:
Jumping On the Band Wagon with No Strategy – Content marketing is all the rage and it is easy to be impatient. This is a mistake. A train needs a track, a painter needs a paint brush.
- Define your marketing strategy in your overall marketing content
- Identify your staff…in-house or out-sourced who will run the campaign
- Be specific in determining your goals
- Always have methods to measure success and to overcome hurdles
No Focus on Your Audience – Every campaign targets a certain audience. You can’t be everything to everybody.
- Develop your buyer’s persona and customer profiles
- Take the time to identify problems or knowledge gaps prospects may have
- Listen to your team and gather ideas from their questions and suggestions
- Be helpful to your audience above all
Selling, not Sharing – This is probably the #1 pitfall of agencies with clients. Of course, revenue is the bottom line, but long term relationships should be your goal.
- “Salesy” content in marketing is very transparent and easy to point out
- Remove this content from your marketing
- Always answer audience questions and tackle problems through your content
- Create adequate funnel content both on the top and in the middle
- Throw out the 30 second speech and be sincere to your clients
Originality and Creativity are Lacking – If your content does not stand up and stand out, it will be forgotten.
- Search out new and different territory
- Put your own stamp of creativity on a topic(s) that has been previously covered by someone else. There is more than one way to skin the cat!
- Remember to ALWAYS stand out from the competition
Inconsistency – With 100 different tasks to cover in one day, consistency must remain a priority.
- Your blogging should be your priority
- Commit to at least a weekly blog with no excuses
- Recruit help. With the possibility of burn-out, have more than just one or two people be in charge of blogging and keep the blogs inspiring
Please contact us for your agency search needs.