Twitter users interested in finding out how many of their followers are fake now have a free tool to aid them in their investigation.
If you’re wondering how many of your company’s (or your personal) followers are fake, the article identifies a number of characteristics that can give you a quick sense of how “contaminated” your follower base is:
- The ratio of following to followers is less than 50:1
- Tweets repeatedly include spam phrases like diet, make money and work from home
- Tweets are repeated more than three times
- More than 90 percent of the account’s tweets are retweets
- More than 90 percent of tweets are links and the account has a following to followers ratio of 7:1 or greater.
- The account has never tweeted