There are times when agencies come on board and not long after the new agency has won your heart, they get distracted, less interested, more focused on winning the next prize.
Of course, there are always two sides to every story.
There are times when you Marketers can be a bit of a handful to work with, but that said, at the end of the day, you are the ones paying the bills…and agencies need to stay focused on your success, no matter how tough of a relationship may get.
So if you’re in a relationship and things are happening that just don’t seem right, you may be falling victim to a classic case of agency disengagement.
Here are the first 10, of 20 tell tale signs, your marketing agency might be losing interest in your business:
1. You’re on your second or third Account Executive in as many years
2. Your new Account Executive has no experience in your category
3. It takes two calls to get a response when it used to only take one
4. Your agency has stopped coming to the table with new ideas
5. You haven’t seen the principal in what seems like years
6. You’re reading about new digital innovations before your agency brings them to you.
8. The best thing digital out of your marketing agency is a Facebook remake
9. They measure success in the digital space based on things like “Likes” and “fans”
10. The only contact you have with the agency is through the Account Executive
If you start experiencing any of these “symptoms”, you might want to consider exploring some other options to improve your current marketing agency partnership.